summer

Monday, February 2, 2009

Homemade Facials

We had a spa day at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) a week ago and I received some cool facial receipes. I wanted to share....

Papaya Pumpkin Facial:
2/3 cup fresh papaya, mashed
15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 egg, beaten

1. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds. Scoop out the papaya fruit and mash it well to eliminate lumps in the mask. Beat the egg until it is frothy. Combine that with the papaya. Add the pumpkin to the egg/papaya mixture and whip together.
2. Wash your face with your daily cleanser and remove all residual makeup on your skin. Rinse with warm water. It's very important to have clean skin to ensure you get maximum benefits from the facial.
3. Apply mask by covering your entire face, being careful to avoid the immediate eye area. You'll feel some tingling as the enzymes in the pumpkin go to work immediately -- gently exfoliating your top layer of skin. It works like a scrub without being abrasive to your skin. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
4. After you've relaxed for ten minutes it's time to rinse. The mask is fairly thick -- head for the kitchen sink. Apply toner and moisturizer.

Chocolate Facial Mask:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tsp. cottage cheese
1/4 cup honey
3 tsp. oatmeal

Mix all together and smooth onto face. Relax 10 minutes then wash off with warm water.

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Have you tried them? I think I'd rather eat the chocolate one than put it on my face!

Lacy said...

I want to come over and you can try to help my face with one of those facials! I am sorry I didnt call this weekend.....My grampa is so sick. I love you1

Carrie said...

I'm with AmyJo...I think I would most likely being eating them! lol

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

ahhhhh...relaxing.. and all natural.. the best!

Hayley and Nathan said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog for details!

MamaBird said...

well, now I'm just too hungry to try those after reading the ingredients!
Have you tried them yet? You have to let us know if/when you do!

ko said...

hi there! HOW have you been feeling??? I hope you are ok!!! :) Love you
kyley