summer

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Traditions

Two great ideas to make as traditions each Christmas...

1. Have your family do a birthday cake/birthday party for Jesus

2. Do only 3 gifts for each of your children on Christmas, representing the 3 gifts Jesus received from the Wisemen (you are taking the emphasis off gifts and putting it on the story of Jesus)

P.S. a cute story I heard recently was a mom telling a story of her 3 year old daughter asking "why do we get gifts at Christmas when it is Jesus' birthday and not ours?" The mom didn't really have a good answer (yikes). A while later the little girl came running down the hall saying, "I know why we get presents........they are our party favors at Jesus' birthday!"

7 comments:

Lacy said...

How cute was the thinking of the little girl!! I really want Christmas to be memorable for my kids with Godly traditions.

Sandel said...

I have read about doing the three gifts and think that i sreally special.

Alice said...

You were my first Christmas Card. Loved it. Got me in the christmas spirit. great ideas!!!!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

when i was a kid many moons ago, we always left a present for Jesus under the tree ..it was our handwritten notes in the same box ever year ..cause we were told that jesus doesn't need the same kind of 'presents' that we seem to

MamaBird said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas...we've been talking a lot about what we want to do to with J to focus Christmas on Christ and His birth and on giving to others.

ko said...

HEY Hey hey!! :) WE ARE HAVING A HUGE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR JESUS!! :) I think it going to be a blast! :) I am trying to get everything ready for that!! :)

Amy Jo said...

I know Owen won't remember this Christmas, but I plan on starting some traditions this year. I like those ideas. Love ya!!!