summer

Friday, October 10, 2008

Potty Update

(I thought this picture was innocent enough)
Landon is doing really well. We've DEFINITELY had accidents, but who wouldn't after 3 years of "just going" in your pants! Yesterday (day 2) he had many #1 accidents, but went #2 on the potty! That thrilled me!! (I should say, although the picture shows him on a little potty, he actually went on the big potty) Today he's had no accidents. I've been putting a 30 minute timer on to remind us to go #1 (thank you Denise). The past two nights I've set my alarm on my cell phone for every two hours. He went every time and we had no accidents. Yesterday at nap he held it also the entire time. I think the key is being there when he wakes up. He wakes up and has to go and then panics. If I'm there I help him remember to go straight to the potty.

I know y'all think I'm crazy for telling you all this, but it's for all those first time moms. Maybe my potty journey will help others :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you aren't parking him on the potty in front of the TV all day! It will look funny at your next dinner party!
"Go, Landon!" I mean, "Go in the potty, Landon!"
Grammy(Who is not crazy about seeing you grow up so fast!)

Sada said...

No, as a matter of fact that is the only time I put him on that potty -- for only 5 minutes.

I am amazed at this child's ability! I know he's my kid, but he's GREAT.

I'm posting again because he just went #2 again on the potty!!! He said "mommy poo poo" so I rushed him to the toilet and voila! He's so GOOD!!!!

Sandel said...

I am so proud of him!!!! He is such a smart boy!!

Lacy said...

Whoo Hoo Landon!!!

Anonymous said...

He is such a good boy -- so willing to do the "right" thing! Sweet baby....
Grammy

MamaBird said...

YAHOOO Landon!!!
okay...so I need to put the potty in the living room in front of the t.v.? I told you I'm taking notes ;)
'glad to hear it's going well, or working out, or whatever...everything I can think of sounds potty-related and it's not intentional (I know, hard to believe, right?)

Brandy said...

What a cute picture to show his Prom Date!
Way to go Landon!!!

rhonda said...

Ahhhh I remember those days and with the boys it seems that age 3 was or is the magic number for potty training. Sounds like Landon is doing great!! Wanted to let you know I've got toys and clothes that I will be sorting through if you guys are interested. Hope you have a wonderful birthday party, sad I'll be missing it, I'll be at work :(

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

yes, your potty story is a big help sada cause sometimes i have to remind myself to get to the potty right away after a nap! no really, way to go big L!

The Youngblood Family said...

I hope Landon had a great birthday today!!! Can't wait to see pictures :)