summer

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Potty Training

What do big boy underwear and skittles equal?? POTTY TRAINING TIME!!

Who wouldn't want to potty train with these big boy underwear????!!! How cool are they?! I have finally committed........I told myself we would do it in June, then August (before school), and now he is almost 3 I guess I really have to do it!

Currrently he is going commando in sweat pants. For some reason he thinks the underwear are cool, but not cool on him....go figure. It is 9:30am and we have already had our first accident. Unfortunately it was #2, but fortunately he wasn't freaked out by it so hopefully he will catch on and go on the potty next time.

Say a prayer for success!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Maybe if Daddy wore those underwear, he would like them better. How about buying a pack of underwear that look like daddy's. Then let daddy show him how to put them on. Just a thought from GRAMMY! :)

Anonymous said...

Or...you could buy some matching "heroes" underwear for daddy and let them both wear those! Then you might have both boys goind "commando!" What fun!
XOXO Grammy, again.

Lacy said...

You go girl!!! Maybe even if you tried them on he would wear them! You can do it.....we all have survived and so will you. I can act as a superhero or charachter and call him.....just let me know and Ill give him a ringy dingy and get him fired up:)

Lacy said...

Grammy is hilarious and may be on to something!!!

Anonymous said...

It's just that Landon is sooooo into Daddy right now! You can bet he realizes that these wild undergarments in no way resemble what his daddy wears! (At least as far I know they don't.) Grammy, one more time.

Sada said...

y'all are totally cracking me up!!! Thanks for all the advice. to set the record straight...BJ does NOT wear superhero underwear :) Can you buy those for adults?

Anonymous said...

I've found them in the Depends!
Grammy....

Jill said...

Ok--I too am cracking up!! I think once he figures it out he will really take to it. Lacy had a good idea about pretending to be a character that he likes and calling him. I pretended to be Elmo when my niece was potty training and after she went in the potty I would call and talk to her in my best Elmo voice. (That might really be worth some money if we had recorded it--not because it was so good--I was really thinking more like America's Funniest Home Videos. Good Luck!!

MamaBird said...

so...how's the potty training going? You know I'm taking notes here...

The Youngblood Family said...

Good luck with the potty training. It has its good days and bad. Both of my boys learned at 3. Jake learned going commando for one week! That was all it took, however for about a year after that I would find him jumping commando on the trampoline.

ko said...

2 cute!!!!!!!!!!