summer

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Landon's First Day of "School"

I'm not going to lie I was a little sad, anxious and nervous for Landon to go to his FIRST day of "school". He's never been in a classroom setting......will he eat, will he nap, will he be sad???? All these questions are in my head. Oh.....then I remember.....I'm only down the hall teaching the 4 year olds -- HA! See how rediculous I am!

So....the story goes....I find out from his teacher that he is SO COMFORTABLE at school he apparently kicked the blocks (I'm not sure if he was roughing around or mad) and gave that new "attitude" face (example below) he gives when he doesn't like what you are telling him. UGH! He is soooooo 3! I sure hope he learns to adjust. (Lord, please don't let my baby be the "bad" kid -- the one the teachers dread seeing each day)
On a positive note, I was able to peek in at him during naptime and he was sleeping like a baby. That made me feel good. Surely he will get the hang of things as the year goes on.

6 comments:

Sandel said...

Just love that sweet face!!!! Hey I am sure he was just defending himself.

Lacy said...

Im with Aunt Denise..he was surely just using defense mechanisms!!! Boy the face in the second picture...pitiful!!! Miss you. Hope your day at school was fun too!

ko said...

ahhhhhh......it will get better!!!! What a cutie!
Cant wait to see you Sunday!!! WE have church, then a GRANDPARENTS day lunch, then we will leave...SO I might not be there until 5 or 6 ish is that ok?>
Kyley

Carrie said...

Oh my... that is one serious face! Too funny! Hope all is well! You sound busy, BUT happy!

MamaBird said...

oh my...what a heart-breaking face in that last pic...
I'm sure things will get better...and those darn blocks learned their lesson and won't mess with Landon again!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

landon's 2nd face is to make sure that you don't turn into Country Girl snappin' photos at every chance. (no offense CG!)