summer

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I survived IKE!!

Oh my.....I'm at my wonderful friend's house (Shaunda). She got electricity yesterday. They are telling us my area should have lights by Monday, however you never know if for some reason your exact spot had worse damage then the ones around you. Every day we have gone on scavenger hunts looking for ice, food, gas, laundry mat, etc. It's kept us busy, but not fun!! I think the survival mode of worry was the worst. If we KNEW we would have grocery stores or gas it wouldn't be an issue. However, we were worried to ever find a station without a 2 hour line and food in a store. All in all it worked out and we found what we needed when we needed it. I can live with no lights as long as we KNOW we will have food, water, gas.......

I think the best idea would be to leave town next time!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I will say we will NEVER be caught without a generator again :)

8 comments:

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

i wish you guys coulda come up here!! glad you're safe and sound if not really happy campers!

cmcrjohnson said...

I'm glad ya'll are safe! We're fine here in Katy but hoping our power comes back on in Spring soon! Then let's get together, ok? Tell Landon his red-headed friend misses him! :)

Carrie said...

My heart goes out to you! I'm praying for you guys! We got electricity yesterday! The national guard has been bringing in water and ice everyday and they have been serving hot meals at the fair grounds! I'm so impressed with our little community! Hang in there! You are an expert camper now!

ko said...

I am so glad you are safe! I have been so worried about you SADA!!!! ughhhhh I almost cried seeing you post....I have just been worried! I will pray a that God suprise you with power tomorrow! HE CAN DO ALLLLLLL THINGS! I am so thankful you have someone to stay with that has power!
Love you
Kyley

The Youngblood Family said...

Glad your family is okay. You guys are always welcome to come and stay with us. Just let us know.

Lacy said...

So glad your in good company. Everyday I have asked Denise if she has heard if your back with power....she says no....no ....not yet. Nichole is still with out. We were pioneering it like Carrie said we would!! Glad you all are safe. Hope you see "the lights" asap!!!LOVE YOU~

teresa said...

Glad all of you are okay! I think we all learned alot from this. I was so thankful we had our generator! Hope you have lights SOON!

Anonymous said...

ok..... now you're busted.... what's up with telling me not to buy a generator... let the blogging world know.... You Said NO

thank you and good night,
BJ :)