summer

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am a Christian

by Maya Angelou

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not
shouting 'I'm clean livin''
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and
forgiven.'
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak
of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my
guide.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying
to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not
bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my
mess.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not
claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth
it.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the
sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier
than thou..I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace,
somehow!

12 comments:

Brandy said...

I like that! I may have to borrow it!

teresa said...

I love that! I may have type that up and frame it!

teresa said...

I may have to join the club! I may have to type that up!

ko said...

i miss you so much! I love you so much!

Sandel said...

I have read this many times, but every time it touches me in a different way. Is it not perfect? Love ya

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

beautiful -- just like you....you have a wonderful heart!

MamaBird said...

Amen. Maya sure does have a beautiful way with words...and this hit the nail right on the head.

Love you and miss you...we need to get together soon with the kiddos.

Hillary said...

Wow! I love this and it is so true. Can't wait to see you again. Love and miss! Hill

ko said...

i read this again this morning! Oh how true! If only people who didnt believe in Jesus could all read this. Thank goodness we have someone to be strong when we are weak! I am always so amazed at what God has done for us!! Oh what a friend we have in Jesus! Love you again Sader!

Lacy said...

So true and like everyone else....perfectly put!! Boy, you are so loved and inspiring and have 10 comments! Go girl!!!!!

MamaBird said...

girl...you are like famous or something...I mean, Country Girl is commenting on your blog! Heehee...just had to add another comment here for you...so here's to #11. Love you...

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

sada... as popular as that was, i'm gonna charge you a commission for that one, girlie! g'jane.