summer

Monday, April 20, 2009

Isaac and Rebekah

I love this statement by Beth Moore regarding Isaac and Rebekah during the time they could not conceive. Although God promised Abraham (Isaac's father) he would bring forth MANY generations, sometimes we still question God if it is not in our timing....

"Had Isaac and Rebekah conceived the first year, they would have been tremendously less attentive to spiritual purpose and divine participation." Beth Moore

Through the hard time BJ and I have gone through in the past couple months, I have found this statement to be SO TRUE. If I never experienced losing our last baby and struggling through hard time, I KNOW I would have been TREMENDOUSLY less attentive to spiritual purpose and divine (GOD) participation. Praise God for our lessons and growth through the valleys in our lives!

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Not only is Beth so right...but you are so right and amazing to notice and recognize. Your a great example of a true disciple to me.

Amy Jo said...

Sada you are so awesome! Instead of feeling sorry for yourself you are trying to see what God is trying to teach you out of this experience. You are such a blessing :) Love ya!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

amen! and good for you for finding the silver lining!

MamaBird said...

What a powerful statement...and what an amazing testimony of fully relying on God's strength and peace and seeking Him. I continue to pray for you and BJ and love you so much.

The Youngblood Family said...

You have been tagged :)
Come and see my blog.