summer

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Frio River Fun

We just got back from Garner! It was our 3rd annual trip and it was a blast. The river was quite low, but it made for perfect fun for the little kids. We were there for hours at a time....swimming, fishing (with nets), floating, chatting, napping, eating.......etc. We enjoyed every minute. As always there were a few "eventful" moments. One being the morning I decided to sit on the bench at the kitchen table with my coffee. I sat too close to the end and away I went right onto the floor. OOPS!! Yes -- the coffee did spill. Luckily I had it in a sippy cup :) Unfortunately no pictures to share.




Can you see the baby fish???

Ring around the Rosies with Uncle Doc (aka Uncle Richard)

8 comments:

teresa said...

I love the Frio! I want to go NOW!

Lacy said...

I wish I was in that side of the fam :) Hee Hee I know ya'll had a great time. I wish I could have seen the fall. Miss you SO much and really think of you often. Wish you me and Denise could sip coffee for hours or lay on the beach and just chitty chat. Bunco on Tue. Hope all is well. Glad your back safe.

Carrie said...

Sada~ I've missed your posts and couldn't wait to see Frio pics! Those boys will remember these trips FOREVER! So glad yall had a great time...falls and all!

ko said...

That looks like so much fun! :) I am so glad you were able to go and have such a great time with your family! :) So sorry about the fall...I bet you laughed though! your little man looked like he was having a blast! :)
Love you and miss you..See ya at Bunco! :)
KO

Anonymous said...

Ok, just want to clear it up Sada really graduated from a sippy cup years ago. We had a blast and somethings can't be posted...... This fam really knows how to enjoy... No post of the frowgy Landon found??? Thanks for fun and memories. Love Momma/Mimi

MamaBird said...

We had a blast and can't wait for the next family adventure!

Oh...in keeping with the spirit of the Olympics, I scored your fall a 9 out of 10...a "stuck" landing (along the lines of "I've fallen and I can't get up") would have cinched it for you! ;) I just can't believe we didn't get a pic of that!

Sandel said...

Hey were you there when we were????? How did I not get any pics of you all :() So sad, I will make up for it when we go to the beach. I will have to get with BJ, I have been researching houses as well.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

You are such a mom, Sada..coffee in a sippy cup.. how funny! Landon looks like the next Michael Phelps..a real fish!